Video: The Skype Phone, it is real, 10 minute hands on preview

Monday, October 29, 2007

Video: The Skype Phone, it is real, 10 minute hands on preview

Video was sent to me by Emilio Vignapiano from Cellulare Magazine. At first I refused to believe the Skype phone was even real, regardless of the pictures and the press release. Something about creating a phone around a proprietary voice service, albeit the most popular one in the world, is just unsettling. This is however revolutionary on so many levels, Skype has built in presence, chatting, your contacts are backed up on their servers, all these things regular GSM users take for granted. While this isn’t a phone for me, I can’t remember the last time I had a phone call longer than 5 minutes, this is absolutely great for a majority of the people out there who simply use voice and SMS.


I wonder if they will sell this device unlocked?





---
Related Articles at IntoMobile:






feeds.feedburner.com

No comments:

Recommended

Recent posts

Download DVD movies