Brief Review: SanDisk Powered Nokia N82 8GB Edition

Friday, December 28, 2007

Brief Review: SanDisk Powered Nokia N82 8GB Edition

With the current dollar to euro exchange rate there was no point in me spending any money on electronic equipment in Finland. Low and behold I’m in the US for the next 2 and a half weeks and I took it upon myself to get an 8GB microSD card for my Nokia N82 since I already filled up my old 4GB unit. From the comfort of my bed I asked my Jaiku friends where I can buy one retail, Ricky the Symbian Guru said the Verizon Store and I knew there was one less than 3 miles away from my home.


Walked in, ask the lovely young girl if there are any 8GB microSD cards in stock, she brings one out for me from the back, I’m ecstatic that their SanDisk branded, she rings it up and $105.53 later here I am:


8gbverizon.jpg


Where is the card?! I thought you would never ask:


screenshot0001.jpg


It works just fine. You can grab the new theme I’m using from Zach over at Symbian in Motion.


How is the speed? Let us see how long it takes to move 3.5 GB of pirated Happy Hardcore and DNB music directly to the card via the full size SD adapter plugged into my Windows Vista Ultimate running Lenovo ThinkPad’s T61 built in card reader:


speed_move_8gbverizon.jpg


I’m more than delighted. Highly recommended. 10/10


Update: Ricky asked me to post a screenshot of moving data to the card with it inside the N82 over USB. I don’t recommend you do this since it is mind blowingly slow:


speed_move_n82.jpg


---
Related Articles at IntoMobile:






feeds.feedburner.com

No comments:

Recommended

Recent posts

Download DVD movies